1. Coca-Cola was created in 1886 in Georgia, while Pepsi was created in 1893 in North Carolina.
2. Pepsi is sweeter than coke, despite what labels on the bottles say about its sugar percentage.
3. Coke has a “vanillan” chemical, which gives it a vanilla taste, while Pepsi has a more citrus flavor.
4. Pepsi is less carbonized than Coke, because it contains less CO2. Which means that Coca-Cola drinks are more fizzy than Pepsi ones.
5. In order to compete with Coca-Cola, Pepsi created a new formula for their “Pepsi Challenge”. It was a successful move, since people preferred the distinguishable citrus taste of the less carbonated drink.
6. Coke has a larger salt percentage than Pepsi. While in a 240 ml serving Pepsi contains 20mg sodium, Coke contains 33mg.
7. Pepsi contains more caffeine than Coca-Cola. So, if you’re looking for something to drink when you need a little bit more energy, you might find Pepsi more appropriate.