McDonalds is a great fast food restaurant to go to if you can’t be bothered to cook, or just want some junk food. For most of us, this experience is relatively pleasurable, and the £5-10 we spend is well worth it. It wasn’t however, for Annah Sophia Stevenson.
After three bites of her burger she thought it didn’t quite taste right. And after finding out she’d just been about to swallow half a cockroach, I’m not surprised. However, she did only find half a cockroach. Which means the other half is either in someone else’s burger – or she’d eaten it.
She decided that she just had to throw up to get the taste and it out of her, but after brushing her teeth, she also found some of the black shell in between her dentures.
‘I was working on it for about three or four seconds, I thought it was a bit of grisly meat. The guts were hanging out and it had a big hole in the middle of it.’
After posting on social media about this, McDonalds did respond saying that they’ll investigate what happened, and that food safety is one of their primary concerns. They’ll pick up the rest of the burger, and what was left of the cockroach and investigate this incident.
As Annah said she wouldn’t, I’d also never eat another McDonalds burger again – not sure if I’d even visit that same restaurant again.