Coffee is something most adults desperately need to have in the morning in order to function. Usually doctors don’t recommend having too much of it but, yet, there are a few quite unexpected benefits about drinking your daily amount of coffee.
1. Longer life : the results of a recent study, including 400,000 people of all ages, show people who drink coffee on a daily basis tend to live longer than those who don’t. Researchers assume it’s because of the antioxidants contained in coffee.
2. Disease prevention : having a daily amount of one to three cups of coffee was found to improve your health drastically according to a Harvard University study. Coffee is said to reduce the risk of developing diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and colon cancer.
3. Working out : having a cup of your favourite drink will release endorphins in your body, thus enhancing your mood, which will probably also make you want to exercise more. You will also experience an energy boost from the coffee and therefore have a better performance during your workout.
4. Cognitive function : coffee is said to increase the cognitive abilities of a person as it fends the accumulation of beta-amyloid plague. A study on short term memory, cognitive ability and awareness has shown that people who drink coffee on a daily basis demonstrate better results at those types of cognitive tests.
5. Reduced chances of stroke : results of a Korean Department of Family Medicine study, done in 2009, show that drinking one or more cups of coffee daily reduce the chances of having a stroke by 25 %.