1. Swimming on a full stomach increases the chances of muscle cramps or drowning : it is a common belief you should wait at least an hour after eating before you jump into the water. It has been proven wrong.
2. Lightening doesn’t strike twice : it’s probably one of the most popular myths. It not only strikes the same place twice but some spots such as the Empire State Building are struck more than a 100 times per year.
3. Bubblegum takes 7 years to digest : if you ever swallow yours by accident, don’t worry, it will digest along with the rest of the food in your stomach.
4. Bulls are enraged by the colour red : the animals are actually colour-blind. They attack not because of the cape colour but since they see the matador as a threat.
5. The Great Wall of China can be seen from space : although many believe in that, no astronaut has ever said they actually saw it from the Moon or near the Earth’s surface.