1. People who act flirty get more attention : the person that attracts the most attention in a public gathering is not necessarily the most attractive but usually the one that acts more flirty than everyone else. Simple flirting signals such as tilting your head to one side, touching your hair or leaning towards the person you like send a message that you are interested.
2. Pseudo flirting : some people, mostly women, just act friendly but, intentionally or not, come across as flirtatious. This may cause a problem for men as they misinterpret their signals of romantic instead of friendly.
3. Flirting is healthy : according to researchers the number of white blood cells is higher in flirty people than in non-flirty ones which is directly associated with stronger immune system.
4. Imitation is a sign of attraction : people instinctively “mirror” the gestures or pose of people they are attracted to so if you want to find out if someone finds you interesting just cross your legs or look at your watch, for example, and check if they will copy you. If they do, there is definitely an attraction there.
5. Last but not least : don’t over do it. Research has shown that too much eye contact is a very common mistake people do when flirting and it can often look creepy and weird instead of attractive.