- Ginger, the dog who got a second chance – on Christmas Eve 2012 Jamie Carpentier was devastated when his boxer died. He wanted to adopt another dog and was looking through the Humane Society of Greater Nashua’s website when he found Ginger, a 13-year-old basset hound. She was actually the dog Jamie and his then-wife had taken to the dog shelter when they split up in 2003. Ginger was adopted by a couple but returned in 2012 because they couldn’t take care of her anymore. Carpentier says Ginger recognized him when she heard his voice and started licking his face. He was certain the dog remembered him and was happy to reunite with her.
- Turner, the cat who came back – The Hafners were heartbroken went Turner, their family cat, disappeared two years ago. They even thought Turner became a coyote prey. Luckily for the 11-year-old tabby that was not the case. He was recently found by a cat rescue group and taken to a local shelter where they managed to find his owners using the information from his microchip. The Hafner family was amazed their beloved cat turned up after all this time and they could take him back home.
- Buster, the dog that escaped death – the dog ran out the O’Donovans family home in Belle Harbor, Queens in New York City after hurricane Sandy hit. Buster was found by Animal Care and Control and they scheduled him for euthanasia. The O’Donovans were unaware until a family friend alerted them after seeing Buster’s photo on the shelter’s website. Fortunately, the dog was rescued. All the family was overwhelmed with joy when Buster was finally brought home.
- Princess, the cat of coincidence – the story of Princess, the cat, was recently shared on Reddit. She had been missing for over a year when her owner decided to get another pet from the local animal shelter. Imagine her surprise when she saw there her long lost Princess.
- Piko-Chan, the parakeet who knew its address – the pet bird, living in Yokohama, Japan, got out of his cage last year. The smart parakeet had been taught by its owner to recite its address so it told it to the cops and was brought home.