A couple of McDonald’s customers ordered BBQ Smokehouse burgers and found a dead moth in one of the burgers.
This McDonald’s customers aren’t lovin’ it at all!
Chris Birch and his partner Michael went to a McDonald’s restaurant in Speke, Liverpool, UK, to get a quick lunch, but left the fast food spot more disgusted than ever. The customers both ordered a BBQ Smokehouse menu and as they started eating their burgers they realized something nasty. Chris was already munching on his meal when his partner took a bite of his own burger and then turned white. The 32 year old man thought his significant other was about to have a stroke, but it turned out that Michael was disgusted to the max by the surprise ingredient he had in his burger – a dead moth. The dead bug was hidden inside the lettuce and as soon as the customers recovered from their initial shock they demanded to speak with the restaurant’s manager. To their even further shock, the manager didn’t seem bothered by the dead moth and simply told them the insect must have come with the lettuce.
The couple called customer services and explained the gross situation over the phone. After the story broke out one of McDonald’s’ spokespeople stated that they are investigating the case and that the rest of the BBQ Smokehouse burgers and the other products in the restaurant didn’t have any bugs in them. Nevertheless, that didn’t make it up to Chris and Michael. The couple shared that this experience has made them hate McDonald’s and keep away from the fast food giant for the rest of their lives. Chris also shared that his partner was so severely affected by the dead moth that he didn’t eat anything for the rest of the day before heading over to his workplace for a 10 hour long shift.