Did you know that getting your puppy as drunk as a fish can save its life? That’s right – if your puppy has swallowed some antifreeze chemicals, the best way to treat him is to throw him a drinking party with lots of vodka.
The most recent case proving this theory is the one of Maltese terrier Charlie. Charlie’s owner, Jacinta Rosewarne, had stocked on some coolant in her garage, which Charlie decided to have a taste of. Unfortunately, Charlie wasn’t aware of the deadly consequences of his actions – he got ethylene glycol poisoning from the antifreeze. When his owner took him to the vet, the doctors realized there was only one thing left to do in order to save Charlie’s life – get him as drunk as possible. So, the puppy ended up having the most unforgettable weekend of his life. The puppy was served 700ml of vodka in the course of two days.
Fortunately, the puppy recovered from the poisoning, but ended up with some serious hangover. He was given paracetamol tablets and espresso shots. His owner shared that Charlie’s drunken actions were quite like a drunk person’s ones.