Earlier this year a smartphone managed to cause a fire and burn down a house. It may sound ridiculous, but it’s true. Mr. Du from Hong Kong was playing “Love Machine” on his Samsung Galaxy S4 when he heard a loud popping sound so he threw his smartphone on the couch. The tech toy immediately inflamed and caused severe damage to his home.
A similar case occurred with a teenage girl from Sweden. Her Samsung Galaxy S3 blew up in her side pocket and left her with third-degree burns.
However, it looks like Samsung isn’t the only company whose smartphones explode or catch fire all of a sudden.
Apple, the other main competitor for customers’ attention, also seems to have flawed products. For example, a Chinese woman was electrocuted to death by her iPhone 5. The smartphone was being charged and the woman answered an incoming phone call. Reportedly, a man had a similar fate, only in this case he went into a coma.
According to Apple the third-party products, like the charger, were responsible for the smartphone’s mishap. Samsung never gave a certain explanation.