In 2013 a number of reports about Apple and Samsung smartphone malfunctions circled the Internet. At the start of the new year, yet another iPhone user got the shock of his life as he watched his phone’s charger melt in his hand.
James Ward, a 25 year old electrician from Essex, bought a charger for his iPhone 5 from an EE store six months ago. The charger had initially been working properly, but things changed with the start of the new year. Ward plugged in the charger before going to bed, but luckily decided to stay up a little longer in order to check his e-mail. His phone’s charger started emitting billows of smoke before melting in his hand. The terrified man panicked at the thought of his 18 month old baby girl, who was asleep at the time, and how dangerous the situation could have been had he not been in the room when the charger overheated.
There’s no word on the subject from either Apple or EE.