Imagine yourself in a situation like this : you have had an eye surgery and it seems everything should be fine as long as you administer your eye drops regularly. But what happens when you mistake your life-saving eye drops with super glue? A disaster.
Imgard Holm of Glendale, Arizona, confused the two different bottles which, according to her, looked identical. When the super glue provoked a burning sensation in her eye, she knew something was wrong. But it was too late to wash it off. The quick-drying super glue justified its name and slid her eye shut.
Holm was forced to go to the emergency room. The doctors were able to cut off the hardened glue layer which was covering her eye. After they managed to get her eye open, they immediately washed the glue residue out and prevented the sensitive organ from further major damage.
This case should teach us that it’s important to take a second look before exposing our bodies to anything.