A teenage girl from South Wales had to undergo a terrifying surgery after the effects of applying cheap fingernail glue turned gruesome.
The 17 year old Sarah Greenaway from Pontypool, South Wales, bought false glue for £3.20 ($5.28) from a local Boots store. Shortly after Sarah applied the glue to her nails she started feeling pain in one of her fingertips. She got antibiotics, but they couldn’t stop the chemical’s menace – Sarah’s finger was already rotting. The doctors had to rush the unfortunate girl in for an urgent surgery. At the end of the day Sarah’s fingertip had to be amputated in order to stop any further damage on her skin. The teenager told the media she only wanted to make her nails pretty, not to scar herself for the rest of her life. Fortunately, Sarah will be able to use her finger after she undergoes a series of physiotherapy sessions.
The Boots store told the media they couldn’t be held responsible for the incident. Sarah is now considering the option to take legal action against the manufacturer.