A strange fire accident case was caused by a new water heater in the state of Georgia.
Walter Serpit, a man from Columbus, Georgia, was watching TV when the fire ignited. He rushed to the other five adults in the house while the smoke was spreading across the building and told them to get the two under-aged children out. Once everybody was safe and sound, Serpit dived headstrong into the flames.
He wasn’t thinking about personal belongings, family valuables like photographs and other objects. He wasn’t even thinking about saving somebody else such as pets, for example. He was thinking about his beer which he had left behind. So risking his own life, the man managed to find his way through the burning structure and to get out once again holding a couple of beers. Serpit joked about being an alcoholic when WTVM interviewed him. Alcoholic or not, the whole family was saved from the fire and so was the beer.