Andrew Lee had many passions and one of them was cooking. However, he learned the hard way that you need to be skilled enough to cook and to know your body well enough to eat a superhot chilli.
Lee, who was from Edlington, Doncaster, UK, visited his girlfriend Samantha Bailey. Bailey’s brother made a bet with Lee relating to who was the best chef among the two men. Lee accepted the bet and stayed at his girlfriend’s house, where he made chilli. Unfortunately for him, his organism wasn’t strong enough to take the superhot dish, or his cooking skills weren’t exactly mastered, because his girlfriend called an ambulance shortly after Lee had eaten the chilli. When the medics arrived, he had already suffered a cardiac arrest. They weren’t able to revive the man and pronounced him dead at the scene.
However, authorities believe there was something more than chilli to the case.