People say dogs are a man’s best friend, especially if that man is a deaf little kid, whose life is in danger.
Nick Lamb, a 13 year old deaf kid from Indianapolis, Indiana, was home alone on the 17th of July. The kid was napping in the afternoon without his cochlear implants, so he wasn’t able to hear the sounds of his house catching fire. Fortunately for him, the family’s Pitbull, Ace, reacted to the fire and started licking Nick’s face until the boy woke up. At first Nick thought Ace was hungry or that he wanted to go on a walk. Shortly after that, however, the boy realized the house was on fire. He quickly covered his respiratory organs with a T-shirt and with Ace by his side managed to safely get out of the house. According to Nick’s mom, if it hadn’t been for Ace, Nick probably wouldn’t have woken up. Ace’s heroic actions saved Nick’s life.
The only injured family member was Pixie, the family’s feline pet. However, the cat’s injuries were minor and it’s believed it will recover soon.