Ma Ailun’s call from her iPhone 5 was the last thing that the 23-year-old flight attendant of China Southern Airlines did, as she was electrocuted while taking a call on her charging phone.
Apple Inc reported that they initiated an investigation of the death of Ma Ailun, a Chinese woman working at Southern Airlines in China as she died after she was electrocuted after taking a call on a charging iPhone 5.
The news of the young woman’s death was reported by the Xinhua newscast based on evidence from the police. The police stated that the young woman was hit by an electric shock while receiving a call from her charging IPhone.
Apple expressed their sympathies to the relatives of the deceased in an official email. They stated that they would offer their full co-operation and that they would do their best to find out what happened.
Further details have not been released by Apple but the news has spread out in Internet causing concerns among IPhone users and putting another question mark on Apple’s performance on the lucrative Chinese market.