An unnamed Spanish woman recently learned the hard way that using public toilets isn’t a wise decision at all.
The woman in question visited a bar in Barcelona earlier this month and decided to use the bar’s restroom. However, when she flipped the light switch, the toilet exploded. The woman received multiple skin grafts at a local hospital since the explosion left her with second and third degree burns.
According to official reports, the unfortunate woman took the case to court and is now suing the bar for their negligence. It turned out the explosion was actually on the bar, since the staff hadn’t been keeping the restroom ventilated and clean enough. The reports state that the explosion was caused by a serious built-up of methane. The gas fumes were ignited after the poor woman had flipped the lights on.