There are certain tricks and features in iOS 7 which people may not realize exist, so get that iPhone, iPod or iPad out and try some of these:
1. Create custom vibration : iOS 7 offers the users the option to choose their own vibration mode and pattern for their device. This can easily be done, by entering the Settings menu, and choosing Sounds>Vibration>Create new vibration. Try out the different patterns and choose the one you like best.
2. Correct Siri’s pronunciation : iOS 7 gives you the possibility to finally correct Siri’s pronunciation. If the AI is mistakenly pronouncing a name or any other word, all you need to do is say: “That’s not how you pronounce (the word)”, and with several repetitions Siri will finally start to pronounce it properly.
3. Head movement control feature : devices with iOS 7 now have a “head movement control” feature, similar to the Samsung Galaxy phones. Now, you can control the operating system via your head movement. You can try out this new option by entering the Accessibility” menu and choosing “Switch control”. Then you can even choose which movement action activates what by using “Switches”.
4. Dowload free apps : all new Apple devices fitted with iOS 7 offer the possibility to download certain popular applications for free. While, in other cases, well known apps, such as: Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie and others will cost you 5 or more dollars, now you can download them for free.
5. Improve readability : if you are like many iPhone users who find it difficult to read the text in iOS 7, you can resolve the readability issue by either bolding the text by navigating to: Settings>General>Accessibility, or by choosing the option for “Larger dynamic type”. This should help you read the texts easier.
6. Remove recent contacts : you have probably noticed that when you are composing a text or email message on your iOS 7 device, an annoyingly long list of recent contact appears automatically. Well, you can resolve this issue by removing the contacts you don’t want to appear every time, by tapping the small “i” right next to the contact name. This will direct you to a list of recent contacts, which you can choose to clear up.
7. Close background apps : with iOS 7, closing all the running background apps you don’t currently need is made easier. All you need to do is simply tap the home button two times or swipe the screen of your device with four fingers and then simply swipe away all the apps you want to close.