Most people know that if they quit smoking it will only benefit their health and general well being. Here is the list of seven facts regarding the quit of smoking, all of which supported by scientific research, that might be new to you.
1. Focusing: if you focus on the health benefits quitting smoking will bring, you will have a higher chance of really dropping the habit.
2. Avoiding Cues to Smoke: different social situations such as somebody around you smoking a cigarette or you having a 5-minute break may provoke you to light one yourself, so avoiding them will help in the quitting process.
3. Strategies : experts have come up with various strategies about quitting so all you need to do is find one that works for you.
4. Exercise : regular physical training has proved beneficial when you are trying to quit smoking.
5. Quitting Makes You Attractive : smoking is perceived as attractive by some people but according to statistical data most people actually prefer non-smokers as long term partners.
6. Heart Disease Risk Reduction : only a year after you quit your habit is needed for the risk of heart disease to drop by 50% and it continues to reduce in time.
7. Expectant Mothers : it is a well known fact that pregnant women shouldn’t smoke but if they do manage to quit, the risk of their newborns having health problems decreases significantly.