Bacon has a really bad reputation of being unhealthy but when consumed moderately can actually be good for you.
1. Protein power : each serving of bacon is approximately 3 slices which is about 37 grams of animal protein. Thus you take more than half of your daily needed amount of protein by eating only 3 bacon slices.
2. High in B vitamins : bacon is high in B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. All of these help a number of processes in the body: reduce headaches, produce antibodies and hemoglobin, manage glucose levels and maintain normal nerve function.
3. Bacon Reduces Sugar Cravings : as you most probably know healthy fats, which bacon is rich in, is much better for you than sugar. Yet, many of us have sugar cravings every now and then. If you have a slice or two of bacon when experiencing a sugar craving, it naturally decrease your desire for sugar.
4. Flavour Enhancer : if you are not a big fan of salads but,yet, you need to include veggies in your diet. Just add some crumbled up bacon to your salad and this way you will find yourself eating healthy stuff, you normally wouldn’t have.
5. Bacon makes you happy : a flavour called ‘umami’ is what makes bacon taste so good. Other positive side effects of umami are enhanced mood and lower stress levels. In short, consuming bacon will make you happy.