- Junk food – this is probably no surprise for most people but research studies actually confirm the well-known fact. This type of food can change the chemicals in the brain leading to symptoms resembling depression and anxiety. When you stop consuming high in fat foods, the symptoms triggered are similar to those you experience when quitting drugs.
- Fried foods – although all processed foods contain chemical additives and preservatives that can affect the cognitive functioning, fried foods especially slowly destroy the nerve cells in the brain. However, some oils are proved more dangerous than others, sunflower oil being the most toxic one.
- Sugary products – harmful not only for your figure but for your brain as well. Long term sugar consumption can lead to various neurological problems and also damage your memory in a way. Sugar interferes with your ability to learn as well so it is not recommended to consume high in fructose products such as pre-baked goods, corn syrop and others of the kind.
- Alcohol – it doesn’t only damage your liver in the long run but also leads to the so-called ‘brain fog’. As the term suggests it acts like a cloud that affects your memory and your ability to think clearly. Probably everyone who ever had one-too-many-drinks has had difficulties recalling certain events or remembering whether you dreamed of something or it actually happened. The reason for that is usually the high alcohol intake affecting the balance of the brain. Luckily, the symptoms are all reversible once you stop consuming or limit the drinks to not more than two per week.
- Very Salty Foods – it’s common knowledge that salt has an impact on your blood pressure and is also very hard on your heart. Scientific studies reveal that high amount of salt can affect your cognitive function thus impairing your ability to think. Consumption of salty foods is shown to cause the same harsh withdrawal symptoms and craving as drugs.