1. Scientists from the New York University have discovered that depression actually kills nervous cells in the front side of the cerebral cortex. That part of the brain is in control of optimism in human beings. Once we find a way to stop or reverse this process we will be able to cure depression permanently.
2. Nearly ¾ of the population of USA is taking antidepressants in some form.
3. The WHO (World Health Organization) estimated that by 2030 depression will become the second highest reason that leads to disability. First place is taken by HIV/AIDS
4. Depressed people suffer from colds and other light diseases more frequently than normally happy people.
5. It was concluded that we suffer from depression not because of our personal issues but because of the severe lack of enough positive emotions.
6. The total amount of the cost calculated to be caused by depression in the United States is nearly $44 billion for 2012.
7. The Antidepressants are as effective as the person suffering from depression is willing to change their previous lifestyle that led them to depression in the first place.
8. Psychiatrists confirm that nearly 75% of their patients have been suffering from a form of depression that made them search for professional help.
9. About 5% of the people in the world have never suffered and will never suffer from any form of depression whatsoever. Their common nickname is “Sunny People”. Most of us experience this condition multiple times but unfortunately without a forever lasting effect.
10. Being overweight, heavily depressed and extremely introverted is the typical profile of the average video gamer as well as being above 30 years of age.